Vernon's Most Wanted
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially between dusk and dawn. If you notice anything suspicious - a security light out, someone loitering nearby - consider coming back later or using an ATM inside a supermarket or convenience store.
- If using the ATM at night, take someone with you.
- Park in a well-lit area as close as possible to the ATM.
- At a drive-through ATM, be sure the doors are locked and the passenger windows are rolled up.
- If you withdraw cash, put it away promptly; count it later, in private.
- Put your ATM card and receipt away promptly; never leave your receipt at the ATM.
- Keep your PIN secret - don't write it down, and don't share it with anyone you don't trust absolutely. Your PIN provides access to your account.
- Shield the keypad when entering your PIN to keep it from being observed.
- Avoid being too regular in your ATM use - don't repeatedly visit the same machine at the same time, the same day of the week.