Records Division Hours
Monday through Friday
7:00am to 4:00pm
(Closed holidays and weekends)
860.872.9126, press #5
Current Records Department
|Records Supervisor Brian Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clerk Dawn Andrewsemail@example.com|
|Clerk Donna Carsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clerk LeAnne Mullenemail@example.com|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process to obtain a pistol permit?
An application for the local concealed weapons permit may be obtained at the police department. Each applicant must complete the State of Connecticut permit application, provide proof of training from a certified firearms trainer and be fingerprinted. Assorted fees totaling $92.00 are collected at the time the application is turned in.
How can I obtain a copy of a police report?
Police reports are available to the public during the hours of 7:00am to 4:00pm from Monday through Friday from the Records Division of the police department. A fee of fifty cents ($0.50) per copy is charged for each request.
The public may appear in person and complete a written request or a request may be sent via mail. Each mail request must include a self-addressed stamped envelope and a check in the exact amount to cover copy fees.
Yes, Section 8-53 of the Town of Vernon ordinances requires each alarm user in the town to register their system with the police department. The registration form may be obtained at the police department.
Are there fines for false alarms?
Yes, but there is no charge for the first 6 alarm activations from a location in town. The seventh and eigth alarms receive a fifteen ($15) dollar fine and any subsequent alarms receive a twenty five ($25) dollar fine. The monitoring period is renewed each January 1.
- Printed reports and documents $0.50 per page or side
- Good Conduct Letter $5.00
- Statistical Reports Printed - $0.50 per printed page *
- Digital - $1.00 per CD disk *
- Photo reprint from film $1.00 per print or the cost to the Department,whichever is higher. **
- Digital Image Prints Printed on photo quality paper - $2.00 per print
- Printed on standard paper - $0.50 per sheet
- Digital format on CD disk - $1.00 per disk
- Polaroid $2.00 per print or the cost to the Department,whichever is higher.**
- Video Tapes $2.00 per tape or the cost to the Department,whichever is higher.**
- Audio Tapes $2.00 per tape or the cost to the Department,whichever is higher.**
- Audio/Video DVD/CD disks $1.00 per disk
- * If statistical report requires the software programming in excess of 30 minutes the hourly wage of the person programming will be added to the charge. If the programming will be required by an outside vender, the cost to the Department will be added to the cost.
- ** If production of requested information requires sending to outside vender for production,the cost to the Department will be used.